PRECIOUS CORAL OR RED CORAL( POVALA/MOONGA)
Emerald is a gemstone and a variety of the mineral beryl (Be3Al2(SiO3)6) colored green by trace amounts of chromium and sometimes vanadium.
Emeralds in antiquity have been mined in Egypt since 1500 BCE, and India, and Austria since at least the 14th century CE. Colombia is by far the world’s largest producer of emeralds, constituting 50–95% of the world production, with the number depending on the year, source and grade. The three main emerald mining areas in Colombia are Muzo, Coscuez, and Chivor. Rare “trapiche” emeralds are found in Colombia, distinguished by ray-like spokes of dark impurities. Zambia is the world’s second biggest producer, with its Kafubu River area deposits (Kagem Mines) about 45 km (28 mi) southwest of Kitwe responsible for 20% of the world’s production of gem quality stones in 2004. Emeralds are found all over the world in countries such as Afghanistan, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, China, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Italy, Kazakhstan, Madagascar, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Tanzania, the United States, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Emerald l has a hardness of 7.5–8 on the Mohs scale. Most emeralds are highly included, so their toughness (resistance to breakage) is classified as generally poor. Emerald is a cyclosilicate. It has a specific gravity of 2.7-2.8.
- Emerald is the gemstone of planet Mercury . It is being used extensively in planetary gem therapy to harness the energies of Mercury that reside in emeralds.
- Wearing an emerald, also known as panna or zammrud brings in intellectual progress. Natural intelligence and intellect is the domain of Planet Mercury and enhancing this planets power brings in better understanding of life, a balanced perspective and better ability to grasp deeper subjects too.
- The individual wearing and emerald can visibly see a spurt in creativity, artistic talents, linguistic skills and ability to ideate / innovate better.
- Wearing an emerald can give a huge edge in relation to the communication skills. There is a remarkably better, clearer and lucid style of communication and the individual is able to express oneself with aplomb and confidence.
- Even in medical astrology, there are elaborated several benefits of wearing an emerald gem. It is a gemstone that can help with speech difficulties, respiratory troubles, allergies and nervous disorders.
- Emerald is a stone that is capable of taking away emotional toxicity. Individuals who have a hard time coming to terms with difficult situations where they have been betrayed, cheated or defrauded, should try working with an emerald gemstone to heal the scars.
- Natural Emerald is a great gemstone for individuals who stammer, or feel shy to interact with others or feel held back due to lack of confidence.
- Individuals like psychics, healers, astrologers or practitioners of any divine arts can find tremendous progress in their line of work by wearing and emerald.